Social Media Analyst Job Description
Job Descriptions > Advertising, Arts and Media > Social Media Analyst
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Social Media Analyst? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Analyst? What does a Social Media Analyst do?
Job Description of a Social Media Analyst
Social Media Analysts assess the success of social media campaigns by studying the metrics of each post as well as the campaign as a whole. Social Media Analysts are also responsible for suggesting changes to campaigns based on how followers have responded.
Social Media Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media Analyst job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Analyzing social media post metrics.
- Making a note of posts that perform poorly and finding evidence for why this may be.
- Observing follower engagement and building a report on their behaviors.
- Researching new social media trends and tools.
- Keeping abreast of current events and pop culture to better understand user behavior.
- Reporting to the Social Media Director to inform them of the success of social media campaigns.
- Providing constructive criticism to content creators to help them make improvements.
Social Media Analyst Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Social Media Analyst job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, or Media, or training with Social Media.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to provide constructive criticism.
- Experience as a Social Media Assistant, Content Creator, or a similar role.
- The ability to analyze data (specifically related to user behavior and engagement).
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Social Media Analyst starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Social Media Analyst job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Social Media Analyst may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Social Media Analyst Job Description