Guitarist Job Description
Job Descriptions > Advertising, Arts and Media > Guitarist
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Guitarist? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Guitarist? What does a Guitarist do?
Job Description of a Guitarist
Guitarists play guitars for live performances or recordings using different types of guitars like classic, acoustic, electric, or bass.
Guitarist Duties and Responsibilities
Guitarist job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Setting up and performing for live audiences, and attending rehearsals and studio sessions in a timely manner.
- Maintaining all gear and tuning guitars when necessary.
- Practicing on your own prior to studio sessions and rehearsals.
- Learning melodies, songs, and practicing vocals when required.
- Locating and traveling out to venues for gigs.
- Networking with other musicians and industry professionals.
- Preparing for and attending auditions.
- Experimenting with different genres, types of guitars, and improving improv techniques.
- Attending all PR events and maintaining an appropriate online presence and public image.
- Responding well to feedback and recommendations, as well as offering helpful suggestions.
Guitarist Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Guitarist job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Formal guitar training.
- Ability to play more than one instrument would be advantageous.
- Passion, dedication, and excellent time management.
- Ability to work alone and to collaborate with others.
- A willingness to learn and accept feedback.
- Experience playing guitar in a band or performing solo.
- Knowledge of different genres and guitar maintenance.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Guitarist starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Guitarist job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Guitarist may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Guitarist Job Description