Service Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Call Center and Customer Service > Service Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Service Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Service Manager? What does a Service Manager do?
Job Description of a Service Manager
A Service Manager manages the service department team and handles customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. The Service Manager ensures excellent customer service, maintains strong relationships with customers and third-party vendors, and ensures repeat customers.
Service Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Service Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and sales goals are met.
- Handling customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory.
- Maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and Sales Representatives.
- Helping to train new employees in company procedures.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company's adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry's standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
- Setting up and maintaining a service desk and evaluating its efficiency.
- Resolving service desk problems and improving service methods to increase the service desk's productivity and customer service.
- Monitoring department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company's high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
Service Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Service Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- Previous sales and management experience may be advantageous.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and good organizational skills.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Service Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Service Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Service Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Service Manager Job Description