Vice Chancellor Job Description
Job Descriptions > Education and Training > Vice Chancellor
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Vice Chancellor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Vice Chancellor? What does a Vice Chancellor do?
Job Description of a Vice Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is the principal academic and administrative officer of the University. He or she chairs the Council of the University, the General Board of the Faculties and the Finance Committee of the Council.
Vice Chancellor Duties and Responsibilities
Vice Chancellor job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Provide leadership, academic and administrative to the whole University.
- Represent the University externally.
- Secure a financial base sufficient to allow the delivery of the University's mission, aims and objectives.
- Carry out certain important ceremonial and civic duties.
Vice Chancellor Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Vice Chancellor job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Ph.D. in your chosen discipline.
- Extensive academic, teaching, and managerial experience.
- A good record of scholarship.
- The ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- The ability to think on your feet and talk to the press.
- A personable and professional manner.
- The ability to solve complex problems.
- Superb active listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent networking and administrative skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Vice Chancellor starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Vice Chancellor job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Vice Chancellor may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Vice Chancellor Job Description