Invigilator Job Description
Job Descriptions > Education and Training > Invigilator
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Invigilator? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Invigilator? What does an Invigilator do?
Job Description of an Invigilator
Invigilators monitor test-takers, search for suspicious activity, calm highly anxious students, and provide logistical assistance during tests/exams.
Invigilator Duties and Responsibilities
Invigilator job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Handing out test papers and answer booklets before the test begins.
- Patrolling the test venue to maintain a steady but calm presence.
- Accompanying students to the restrooms and confirming that they have signed the register to monitor movements and suspicious behavior.
- Collecting test papers and scripts per students' individual requests and at the end of the test period.
- Counting submissions to ensure that all are present and neatly organized.
- Surveying the area to perceive abnormal activity.
- Acting on cheating and other violations to the rules in a non-disruptive manner.
- Providing students with additional answer booklets upon request.
- Transporting all pertinent materials to predetermined drop-off points in a safe manner.
Invigilator Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Invigilator job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of sound test and invigilation procedures.
- Strong monitoring, investigating, and communication abilities.
- Sensitive to test-related anxiety.
- Willing to invigilate evening tests.
- Ability to remain discreet while maintaining a presence.
- Outstanding fact-checking and improvisational skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Invigilator starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Invigilator job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Invigilator may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Invigilator Job Description