Welding Inspector Job Description
Job Descriptions > Engineering > Welding Inspector
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Welding Inspector? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Welding Inspector? What does a Welding Inspector do?
Job Description of a Welding Inspector
Welding Inspectors are responsible for inspecting and assessing the quality and strength of welding work. Their job is to ensure welds are safe and ready to function as part of the device or structure. Welding Inspectors also inspect the equipment used and ensure welders adhere to company and state safety regulations.
Welding Inspector Duties and Responsibilities
Welding Inspector job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Issuing welding tickets to company workers.
- Checking welding specifications for a job.
- Suggesting alternative welding techniques.
- Demonstrating correct welding procedures.
- Generating new welding techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Ensuring the correct equipment and materials are being used for a weld.
- Inspecting completed welds.
- Assessing the quality and strength of completed welds.
- Ensuring welders adhere to state health and safety regulations.
Welding Inspector Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Welding Inspector job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- CSWIP, AWS, HNC, HND, or NVQ certification.
- Previous work experience as a Welding Inspector.
- Advanced knowledge of TIG, MIG, laser, butt, and arc welding techniques.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Good management and supervision skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Observant and analytical.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Welding Inspector starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Welding Inspector job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Welding Inspector may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Welding Inspector Job Description