Environmental Engineer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Engineering > Environmental Engineer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Environmental Engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Environmental Engineer? What does an Environmental Engineer do?
Job Description of an Environmental Engineer
Environmental Engineers are problem-solvers who find innovative solutions to environmental issues. Their primary duties include collecting and analyzing environmental data, studying human influences on the environment and improving environmental conservation management
Environmental Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Environmental Engineer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Develop system and component design in order to lessen negative impact on environment
- Work as a technical advisor on environmental issues, policies, procedures and standards
- Perform research and execute technical audits
- Introduce new environmentally friendly technologies
- Analyse available data
- Regularly perform quality control checks
- Document and manage plans, requirement and protocols
- Address environmental problems when they arise
- Suggest and implement solutions to prevent damage
- Collaborate and build long-term relationships with key stakeholders such as scientists and experts
- Investigate the impact of new projects
Environmental Engineer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Environmental Engineer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Environmental, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Masters degree preferred.
- x year of working experience as an Environmental engineer
- x years of experience with analytical, mechanical and compliance software (e.g. SAS, Autocad etc)
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Current professional engineer license
- In-depth knowledge of legal rules and regulations
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Environmental Engineer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Environmental Engineer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Environmental Engineer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Environmental Engineer Job Description