Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Chef
- Develops menus.
- Develops recipes and standard techniques for food preparation in order to ensure food consistency and quality.
- Remains up to date on new techniques and trends in dining to ensure currency in kitchen food preparation standards. Delegates tasks to chefs, cooks, and other personnel to ensure the economical and technically correct preparation of all food items.
- Tracks kitchen expenses.
- Coordinates with food service manager to create and monitor the budget.
- Prepares or directly monitors the preparation of technically difficult dishes.
- Supervises preparation to minimize wastage.
- Assesses operation to ensure all rules and regulations for health, sanitation, and safety are followed.
- Develops training for food preparation personnel in order to safeguard against kitchen accidents.
- Provides on-the-job and professional development training for food preparation personnel.
- Keeps up to date with local, seasonal ingredients and plans menus around them.
- Works to help market the business with the creation of ‘specials’ and unique dishes.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and positively in order to manage a crew of kitchen staff.
- Is able to produce large amounts of food effectively and in a short period of time.
- Has organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow schedules for the entire kitchen crew.
- Is knowledgeable on food production and food service managing.
- Has well developed interpersonal skills for negotiating with co-workers and restaurant owners as well as for handling customers
Job Title: Cook
Location: Lekki & Victoria Island-Lagos
- To prepare delicious and tasty meals that supersedes customers’ expectation and satisfaction.
- To provide meals at competitive prices and at reduced cost while eliminating shrinkage and at minimal wastage.
- Also to ensure that a high standard of (personal and professional) hygiene is maintained in the kitchen/production area before, during and after the production process.
- Assist to achieve departmental budgeted sales and profit targets.
Personal & Work Environment: Appearance, Grooming & Hygiene:
- Ensure compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming.
- Ensure the company provided uniforms and kit worn in the right manner – Always wear gloves, caps, aprons, uniform, coats, boots.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure all the equipment are cleaned before and after use in the production.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all equipments are cleaned in line with the hygiene & safety standards as enshrined the SOP & on-the-job training by the superiors. Ensure cleaning is implemented in accordance with the department schedule.
- All checklist on Operations, Hygiene, Health and safety standards are observed.
Health and Safety standards – Self, Team, Area, Equipment:
- Wearing safety/protective clothes/uniform at all times on duty & ensuring other team-mates does the same.
- Strict Observance of all operation and safety instructions as regards the use and cleaning production equipment.
- Ensure correct dress kits and PPE (personal protective equipments) are used in line with laid down procedure – always wear gloves, caps, aprons, uniforms, coats, boots etc.
- Proper/correct usage of equipments in order to ensure minimum wastage of ingredients during production process.
Partake in the implementation of Daily Production Plan:
- Assist in planning and implementation of production as per targets.
- Ensure the timely implementation of the daily production plan to details as set out by the department manager and target is met.
- Ensure strict adherence to the SOP on production – measurement, time, order, process etc.
- Ensure the use of the right product both in quality and quantity.
- Ensure the timely availability of various products to the sales department; correct products in correct quantities are available at the correct time of day or week.
- Ensure optimum utilization of equipment and inputs to minimize waste by adhering strictly to laid out guidelines and procedure.
- Submit daily check list of tasks done to departmental manager along with the team members lists.
- Monitor and ensure the availability of production inputs at all time.
- Ensure that inputs are stored at right place and under the right condition – temperatures & in a hygienic & safe manner.
- Maintain ideal input stock levels per product category & rotate stock(FIFO).
- Buying based on Production chain & production planning.
- Ensure stock of inputs are replenished immediately they fall below the minimum stock level.
- Assist in receiving the stock of inputs from supplier to very and confirm the correctness and the quality.
- Ensure that mixing is done according to prescribed methods/instructions and recipes in accurate quantities to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Help plan & assisting in stock take procedures.
- Ensure consistent quality, freshness and presentation all the products.
- Being punctual at work and ensuring adherence to shift timings.
- Always ensure that production schedules are met.
- Prepare and remit daily production report.
- Taking overall responsibility of the tasks given to self and concluding activities/tasks/roles & responsibilities assigned.
- Maintenance of self and mate’s morale.
- Assist in induction and on-the-job training of new employees in the department.
- Daily report of production in relation to production plan.
- Report of wastage/damages in production, loss notes.
- Prompt supply of products to sales team.
- Cleaning culture/adherence to cleaning schedule/checklist.
- Customer survey & Feedback.
- Range and Availability.
- Compliance with regulatory bodies guidelines (NAFDAC, Ministry of Health, SON etc.).
- Stock-take variance.
- Daily report of stock usage and availability.
- Sales Reports.
- Spot checks.
- Input Stock level.
- Attendance record.
- Personnel record – memo issued/appraisal ratings.
- Response and performance in training sessions.
- Wastage: Budgeted Vs. Actual
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com Using the position of interest as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th January, 2019.
Job Title: Company Driver
- Load and unload organizations merchandize
- Precisely finish all paper work connected with conveyance of merchandize
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the employer or technician
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refueling the car(s).
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Perform some other undertakings like shopping, dropping and picking clothing, getting lunch, and running errands
Job Title: Bartender
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Clean glasses, utensils, tables, and bar equipment.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Order or request for liquors and supplies.
- Take beverage orders from customers.
- Serve wine, bottled water or beer.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.