Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Carpenter
Location: Cross River
Reports to: Site Manager
- The Carpenter is responsible for implementing and maintaining a Preventive Maintenance Program for all equipment and systems pertaining to his field/area of specialisation.
- He performs the monthly Facility Inspection and submits all required reports to the Site Manager, as well as maintaining routine and required inspections of the relevant Systems.
- Carry out repairs and corrective maintenance.
- Interpret and works from Technical plans and drawings.
- Proffer effective solutions to identified or reported problems.
- Will be required to build or repair cabinets, doors, and other wooden fixtures using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools and power tools. “
- Carry out preventive maintenance of cabinets, doors, frameworks and other wooden fixtures.
- Finish surface of woodwork or wallboard using paint, hand tools and panelling.
- Draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to colleagues, supervisors and others. Follow all safety rules and procedures and assume the responsibility of ensuring others follow same during work hours.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of AMFacilities and follow all directives from superiors
- Troubleshoot and detect faults correctly and readily proffers right solutions.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment during and after work.
- Identify correct PPE to use for different tasks, wear prescribed PPE at all times required and keep these in good condition.
- Know and follow processes for preventive maintenance of assigned equipment and carries this out with minimal supervision.
- Provide accurate time material and labour estimates and measurements for tasks arising.
- Able to identify and use the right tools appropriately. There should be no record of missing or destroyed tools due to negligence.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor
- Candidates should have C&G IVQ level 3 or Trade Test/ NTC/NABTEB/SSCE and any other certificate of apprenticeship and minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Comprehensive understanding of business operations and processes
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Focus on quality and service
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Carpenter Calabar” as subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12PM; 5th February, 2019.
Interview and Assessment Date Friday; 8th February, 2019.