Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Development Management Trainee
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Length of Programme: Twelve (12) Months starting in September 2019
- Brookstone Property is currently seeking a talented candidate to work with our Property Development Team. We are offering the successful candidate a twelve (12) month training program at our office in Nigeria.
- The Development Management trainee will work closely with the Development Manager, Construction Team, Finance/Accounts teams and other external stakeholders such as agents, attorneys, property owners, and equity partners. The expectation is for the Development trainee to work closely with the teams and to play a crucial role in the day to day management of Brookstone’s development portfolio.
- This is an excellent opportunity to put the candidate on the track to be a real estate professional and to work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- As an employee of Brookstone Property, you will actively contribute to the analysis, development and delivery of our real estate expansion projects. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lies with our people. We support our employee’s personal and professional growth and promote a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Development Manager and the Development Director to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavors
- Participate in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal
- investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Work with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, JV partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Perform analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
- Interact with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team,
- Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
- Prepare budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Assist with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and
- owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assist with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing/leasing strategy sessions.
- Attendance at Property Team meetings.
- Participation in negotiating meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.
- B.Sc in Finance/Accounting/Economics or Estate Management from a reputable university
- Must have completed NYSC
- 0 – 2 years experience
- Interest and/ or experience in real estate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and business-like manner at all times.
- Results orientated.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or to work as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including creating models), Word and Power Point.
- Possibility of accommodation provided
- Transport to and from the office
- Monthly Expense Allowance of N50,000
- Upon completion of the program and based on performance, the candidate may be offered permanent employment and promotion.
Title: Accounts / Finance Trainee Programme
- We are currently seeking for a talented candidate to work with our Accounts /Finance Team. We are offering the successful candidate a twelve (12) month training program at our office in Nigeria.
- The candidate will work closely with the Accounts/ Finance Team and other external stakeholders such as agents, attorneys, property owners, Auditors, Regulators and equity partners. The expectation is for the candidate to play a crucial role in the day to day management of Brookstone’s Accounts / Financing activities.
- This is an excellent opportunity to put the candidate on the track to being an Accounts/ Finance professional and to work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- As an employee of Brookstone Property, you will actively contribute to managing finances investment portfolio within our real estate development and investment activities. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lies with our people. We support our employee’s personal and professional growth and promote a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring accounts are up to date and billings are correct
- Following up to update/resolve outstanding issues
- Reviewing financial data, analyzing, and making recommendations on where to minimize costs and maximize revenues
- Monitors budget performance and prepares variance analysis
- Tracking and updating spreadsheets with regular information on a weekly basis and as frequently as needed/required
- Book Keeping: Tracking monthly income, revenue and expenses and reconciling bank statements
- Analyzing financial data to make business sense of company’s standing
- Progress reporting and attending meetings as scheduled
- Financial control: ensuring that promptness in receipts of payments due from clients, and maximizing revenues and frugally managing costs.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement are needed.
- Draw up long term and short-term Investment/financial plans for the business
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial outlook forecast, project analysis, appraisal of investment and new business opportunities, structuring of project finance transactions and development of business plans and models.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding investment that will help in achieving the company’s objectives
- Acts to ensure the accuracy of inventory balances by reconciling the book balance of stock/cash to physical balances
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Rendition of Monthly and annual returns to relevant tax authority and other regulatory bodies
- BSc Accounting from a recognized university
- 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 0 – 2 years of work experience in the finance/ audit firm or real estate industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or other accounting software
- Motivated individual with an interest in investments, real estate, entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Problem solver, analytical and good communicator
- Open minded to learn, take up new challenges and adapt quickly
- Sociable and hospitable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 16th August, 2019.