Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Ref Code: ITA80119
Department: Internal Audit
Reports To: Head, Internal Audit
- The Internal Auditor shall assist the Head, Internal Audit in developing and executing the Country Program’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits.
- In this role you will contribute to the Internal Audit function by identifying risks associated with CRS’ objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- You will provide value-added advice and support to staff and partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional internal audit standards and CRS’ IA methodology
- Evaluate the adequacy of process, design, and the effectiveness of controls in meeting program and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Head, Internal Audit
- Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the project and senior management.
- Assists the Head, Internal Audit in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Determine project level operational risks in the area of finance, procurement, human resources (HR), compliance and other relevant areas.
- Provide in person training to staff and partners on agency wide policies, external rules, regulations and legislation which requires compliance of all staff (i.e., foreign corrupt practices act, mandatory disclosure, full cooperation, etc.)
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and partner organizations.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding donor rules, regulations, best practices and internal audit standards
- Contribute and assist in maintaining an organizational risk management framework
- Conducts reviews of suspected internal fraud or malpractices
- Provide consultative support to projects and departments with regard to the adequate design and implementation of risk management processes
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience:
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (ACCA, ACA, CA, or CISA)
- Bachelor’s in one of the following or related fields required: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Auditing or similar relevant fields
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience, preferably with an International Organization.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations, knowledge of USG Regulations and Global Fund a plus.
- Computer proficiency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working with complex financial systems like SUN systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Commitment to travel to all project offices in the country up to 35% of the time.
- Commitment to Catholic Relief Services values.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with CRS’s values
- Strong awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Travel Required (35% of the time).
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Program Managers, Grants Managers, Head of Finance, all program and operations staff
- External: External Auditors, Sub-recipients
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Internal Auditor – Abuja – ITA80119) to: [email protected]
- “CRS is an equal – opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Application Deadline 5pm; 14th August, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!