First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Desk Head, Storage Administration
Ref No: 2000002E
Job: IT TECH, SEC & OPS
Organization: Technology and Services
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From: Assistant Manager Grade Range – To: Manager
- Ensuring 99.9% availability of Servers and Storage Subsystems
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and maintains operational procedures and provides technical expertise and appropriate information to the management.
- Responsible for creating, improving, and supporting quality IT services with optimal utilization of storage resources, ensuring Data Security
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems and responsible for the recovery of the critical activities and processes as part of the business continuity strategy
- Maintain relationship and follow up on service calls with IT vendors
- Provides general oversight function for the Storage Administration team.
- Ensures effective monitoring of the datacenter for optimal equipment availability and performance
- Review design and architecture of new solution/upgrade to ensure conformance with existing policy documents
- Reviews capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to support the requirement to protect business information
- Implement servers and storage capacity upgrades with Vendors
- Supervise the implementation of maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches in accordance with the bank change management policy
- Creates reports and proposals for improvement and contributes to the planning and implementation of new installations and scheduled maintenance and changes within the system.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering or other Science disciplines; Higher Degrees / Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
- Minimum experience – 8 years relevant experience in server / storage administration and Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply