Adexen Recruitment Agency is recruiting on behalf of its clients in various sectors to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Clearing Manager
- Organize and manage the team in clearing, documentation and logistics for the smooth running of operations in the system.
- Prompt attention to all clients’ complaints within the stipulated time frame and with good feedback to management.
- Follow up with both operations and clearing staff to ensure that all documents are screened before capture and lodgment with customs to identify deviation (if any) and to inform clients immediately.
- Ensure that all financial request and transactions are well handled with dispatch and address seemingly delay with management.
- Ensure all facilities are in place for transporters and that all safety standards are met with other specific requirements from clients.
- Ensure weekly update of activities.
- Design clients meeting activities and take note for further follow up/actions.
- Ensure that Clearing and Forwarding function has its strong footing in the company by using the best methods to attract customers, maintain their needs in term of efficient delivery and rewarding services to improve revenue generation for the company.
- Prospect and identify clients to facilitate the development of the business.
- Design good implementable plans for clients business in line with company policy.
- Create and manage new account for new clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong teamwork spirit, hard-working and self-motivated.
- Logical mindset with a desire to solve challenges while giving attention to details.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse environment and cultures.
- Good knowledge MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a multinational organization in a clearing and freight forwarding senior position.
- Proven experience and vast knowledge in Freight Rate Structure under International trade.
- Familiar with service delivery
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Construction Site Supervisor – Expatriate
- Helping project managers to plan the work programme
- Helping co-ordinate deliveries of materials, plant and equipment
- Completing records for site reports
- Attending site management meetings
- Carrying out regular inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements, processes and procedures
- Raising safety concerns at the appropriate level
- Resolving problems and implementing improvements
- Organising and overseeing external inspections.
- Management and supervision of a construction site in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Responsibility of the site supervisor to assess hazards, determine risks, conduct regular inspections
- Supervising workers, subcontractors and work activities
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings
- Assessing and managing safety hazards
- Ensuring appropriate site rules and welfare facilities are in place
- Carrying out regular inspections
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to mediate to resolve issues.
- Understanding of legal responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Project Management is a plus
- Relevant experience in Construction or Civil Engineering, as well as appropriate health and safety training.
- Previous experience in emerging markets / Nigeria is a plus
- Ability to communicate with, motivate, and if necessary discipline the workforce.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
- Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Develops and implements procedures and controls to ensure security and accountability and accurate information flow in the bank.
- Participates in the design of hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with the Chief Executive Officer’s broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Supervises sales managers, all operations staff and exerts effective team building.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of bank Operations
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. regulations and laws governing business operations.
- The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all the day-to-day operational activities of the Bank under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. The position ensures that all operational aspects of the Bank’s activities operate in a safe and sound manner in the best interest of shareholders, the Board of Directors, customers, employees, and the public.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Provides Timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating conditions of the business
- Guides and directs management in the development, production, promotion, of Opportunity International products and services.
- Administers the Management Contract and ensures that all deliverables are met per the agreement.
- Examines current business process and make necessary changes so the best practices and policies are in place.
- Prepares reports on a weekly and monthly basis relating to overall status of bank operations and whether or not objectives are being met.
- Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals and growth objectives.
- Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization’s current activities and its projected growth.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the concepts, standards and procedures relating to individual and group lending, at they pertain to micro-finance.
- Experience implementing microfinance products and services in an emerging market, and be able to lead creative service delivery in a sustainable manner, in areas with limited infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable of the principles, practices and legal issues relating to staff supervision and performance management, strategic planning and budget administration.
- Demonstrated ability to: understand/analyse performance/production data to identify improvement opportunities; manage complex projects that impact operations effectively and within time and budget; ensure policies, procedures, risk parameters and guidelines of organisation are met; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any business related field
- Minimum of 7+ years progressive Banking or Savings & Loan ,Operations and e business work experience, with a minimum of 5+ years in an executive leadership capacity.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong understanding of regulatory compliance, commercial loan operations, loan processing, quality assurance, and loan servicing.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Manage daily activities and the overall strategic and operational performance of the bank and the achievements of the bank’s growth and profitability.
- Ensure the Bank’s financial viability and cost structure are regularly analyzed and appropriate measures are undertaken to monitor and reduce costs concerning the Bank operations and services provided.
- Manage regular review of the Bank’s competitive environment is and ensure appropriate measures are taken to increase the market share and while ensuring that the Bank gains and retains market position as a leading microfinance bank in the country.
- Manage and constantly look for and seizes opportunities favorable to the expansion of the Bank’s activities.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of business strategies ensuring the Bank runs on, sound commercial and professional principles and that its defined corporate objectives are pursued.
- Initiate short, medium and long-term strategies, action plans and targets in line with the defined vision, mission and objectives of the Bank.
- Ensure that the Organisation’s activities are accordingly planned and directed to achieve affirmed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, culture, and legislative adherence.
- Ensure the decisions of the Executive and Management Committee are communicated to all levels of the Institution and are implemented.
- Ensure staff motivation and loyalties are improved to minimize staff turnover.
- Ensure effective forward and feedback communication systems between Management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff in the institution to inculcate coherence and a team spirit.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, and development of the executive team and ensure that staff appointments, development, and disciplinary processes are well attended to before the submission to the GMD.
- Ensure executive decisions on staff are promptly implemented.
- Ensure senior managers meet with their respective teams regularly.
- Ensure all Bank Assets are properly surveyed, registered, recorded, valued and Certificates thereof are obtained and kept.
- Manage Instruments of Transfer or other documents in the Bank’s interest that are still pending, that they are promptly executed and the necessary certificates of titles obtained.
- Ensure all the risks attached to the Bank’s activities, including investment, loans, overdrafts; interbank activities are regularly and properly evaluated, monitored and adequately secured.
- Ensure a proper and complete register of the Bank’s Assets is kept.
- Ensure the monthly Bankers Association meetings in the country are attending.
- Ensure the Institute of Bankers Executive meetings are regularly attended.
- Ensure Central Bank requirements are fulfilled at all times and the Bank retains its operating license from the Central Bank.
- Ensure External Executive meetings are promptly attended.
- Ensure a member of the Management Committee attends meetings, periodically convened by the Bank’s counterparts, Partners, Donors or collaborators.
- Ensure Present and Potential overseas partners are welcomed and receive proper attention and the Bank’s interests in discussions with them are properly represented.
- Develop and maintain contacts and associations with Bank of the country, other Commercial Banks, Microfinance Institutions, Donors and prospective/potential Investors and with their respective forums both locally and abroad.
- Ensure Organizational culture is maintained and developed, including its values, the reputation in the market while taking into account the various stakeholders.
- Ensure the bank acquires and maintains a solid reputation as a successful financial institution committed to the development of small and micro-entrepreneurs in the country in line with the defined vision and mission of the Bank.
- Ensure the Bank’s range of financial products becomes more diversified, in line however with the defined objectives of the Bank, thereby guaranteeing a constant improvement in the degree to which the target clientele’s needs are satisfied.
- Monitor the realization of growth of the Bank’s lending, deposit and fee-based business ensuring that it is following approved strategic targets and limits.
- Ensure Head Office, Credit and Risk meetings are convened regularly and chaired by the MD while the Bank’s credit portfolio grows steadily maintaining a low rate of delinquency.
- Manage depositors’ interests and ensure they are always safeguarded in the course of the Bank’s lending and investment activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have certifications from recognized bodies to include ACCA, CIIN, and CFA.
- Must have Sales and Marketing and Client relationship management skills.
- Must be able to develop and implement policies.
- Must be strategic and have financial and business acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or any other relevant discipline.
- An MBA will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in banking / financial institution.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – Expatriate
Employment Type: Full time
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
- Provide strategic direction and management of the Finance functions and ensures alignment to the Company’s goals leading to shareholder value creation.
- Participate in preparation of the Annual Plan and Strategic Business Plans that improve the efficiency and long term profitability of the business and ensure optimal realization of brand/market potential.
- Ensure the design of a robust business-decision-making framework, driving through process improvements and change initiatives that enable the budgeting, forecasting and reporting to be carried out in a consistent and effective manner.
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the Company’s operations.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and local statutory regulations. Manage Statutory and Internal Auditors.
- Provide strategic financial leadership, business planning, forecasting, accounting and budgeting processes, tax and risk management and optimize returns to the Shareholders.
- The CFO reports directly to the Managing Director and assists on strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial management and their impact to the business operations
- Collaborates with the Managing Director to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Proactively participate in benchmarking studies of FMCG peers including but not limited to pricing, COGS, overheads, manufacturing costs along with cash flows and balance sheet foot prints
- Act in a fiduciary capacity, protecting the value of the brand through safeguarding assets of the company, both tangible and intangible.
Implements / Supervises Internal Controls:
- Protects and preserve the company’s assets to comply with financial reporting and control requirements.
- Standardize. Establish company-wide standards for systems, data and processes
Financial Planning & Projections:
- Co-lead with the MD the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) exercise providing insightful information on key value / growing drivers
- Review and discuss with management the long term strategic business plan and financial projections along with related assumptions
- Provide/review financial projections on cash budgets (i.e. monthly, annually)
- Assure the provision of adequate responses to bank queries for renewal of bank facilities;
- Assure that the negotiated bank facilities are competitive in terms of notional, tenor, pricing, roll over, and grace period;
- Coordinate with the external auditors in planning an effective and efficient audit programs;
- Issue the annual comprehensive budget control guidelines to all company’s departments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent leadership skills capable of leading people from the front and from the back at every level of the organisation
- Meaningful exposure to different ERPs (SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, others) as well as their business implications
- Ample experience leading and working across functions as a business partner while keeping the finance rigour and accountability
- Good communicator at every level of organisation from operations room to the board room – incl. but no limited to good oral and written English with strong multicultural awareness
- Chartered Accountant / other equivalent degree from an institution of repute
- Demonstrated experience as a business partner and “co-pilot” of the MD in driving controls, compliance and performance while improving the business
- Experienced CFO / Finance Director with minimum of 5 years leading the finance function and with 15+ years of overall progressive finance experience (incl. commercial finance, financial controls, decision support, reporting, others) with most of his/her working experience in a subsidiary of a global FMCG
- Exposed to best practices and global standards and their application in emerging markets, who knows how to balance global standards and local approaches in order to attain targets / outcomes while maintaining intact the controls, compliance and performance agendas
- Banking, Process Control, Team Leadership, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Accounting, ERP Software, Finance, Team Management
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.