Ashley Medical Services Limited (AMSL) is a medical equipment, products and solutions provider for the Nigerian and West African Market. Ashley Medical Services was established and registered in 2014 to provide among other medical services, excellent and professional services in the production, marketing, sales, supplies and distribution of medical equipment, supplies and cosmeceutical products. We are especially carving a niche in dermatology and the new field of medical aesthetics. We aim to provide to hospitals, clinics, spas and beauty centres.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cosmetics Chemist
- We are looking for a talented Cosmetic Chemist to develop new formulae as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones. They should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working with various natural and organic certification standards depending on the project goals.
- The person would be responsible for the development of new cosmetics/skincare products or modifications of existing ones with minimal supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develops commercially feasible new skincare products or modifies existing ones.
- Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing. Contributes to establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the cosmetic science field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities
- Source and validate new raw materials according to internal standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of cosmetic regulations for cosmetics/active ingredient regulations
- Assures that all testing to guarantee a marketable final product is on schedule. Precisely measure product characteristics and make timely recordings of the results.
- Identifies technical learnings, issues and solutions for all projects, provides suggestions on all experiments and technicalities.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Oversee and direct process scale-up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- HND, BSc. or MSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cosmetics Science or related scientific discipline.
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing packaging of Skincare products, and market strategy formulation.
- Ability to work independently
- 5+ years’ experience in Research & Development, marketing and formulating cosmetic/skincare products.
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and a recent coloured passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted
Application Deadline 15th July 2020.