Application Support Engineer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Application Support Engineer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Application Support Engineer? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Application Support Engineer? What does an Application Support Engineer do?
Job Description of an Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineers oversee the installation and maintenance of software applications in order to streamline business operations. Their duties include optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures.
Application Support Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Application Support Engineer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Providing software application support.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
- Keeping record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
Application Support Engineer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Application Support Engineer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Knowledge of Advanced Encryption Standards (AES).
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Application Support Engineer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Application Support Engineer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Application Support Engineer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Application Support Engineer Job Description