Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description
Job Descriptions > Consulting and Strategy > Business Intelligence Analyst
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Business Intelligence Analyst? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Intelligence Analyst? What does a Business Intelligence Analyst do?
Job Description of a Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analysts are usually responsible for gathering business data through many different ways including gather this data through mining a company's computer data, looking at competitor data and industry trends.
With the data collected, they help develop a picture of company's competitivness compared to other players in the market.
Business Intelligence Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Business Intelligence Analyst job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Consulting with management and relevant stakeholders to define goals.
- Researching, developing, and implementing data-gathering methods.
- Analyzing and synthesizing data.
- Reporting back on your findings and suggesting solutions.
- Collaborating with coworkers and management to implement improvements.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of implemented strategies.
Business Intelligence Analyst Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Business Intelligence Analyst job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Studies, or related field.
- Proven experience with programming for data analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Firm understanding of statistics and databases.
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Business Intelligence Analyst starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Business Intelligence Analyst job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Business Intelligence Analyst may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description