Field Manager Job Description
Job Descriptions > Consulting and Strategy > Field Manager
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Field Manager? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Field Manager? What does a Field Manager do?
Job Description of a Field Manager
Field Managers oversee, supervise, and evaluate employees in the field and at customers' homes or sites. Field Managers work in a wide range of industries, including heating systems, emergency medical services, construction, internet technology, the non-profit sector, and more.
Field Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Field Manager job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Hiring, training, and motivating Field Representatives.
- Assigning territories, schedules, and the appropriate supplies and equipment to staff members.
- Traveling to customer sites and evaluating Field Representatives.
- Generating reports that highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each Field Representative.
- Maintaining all field rules and responsibilities and ensuring Field Representatives adhere to the rules.
- Responding to all on-call tasks and supporting the Field Representatives under your supervision.
- Scheduling maintenance and repair for fleet vehicles that adheres to the fleet vehicle care budget.
- Helping employees to improve and tracking employee progress.
- Submitting the generated reports to HR.
- Providing training programs to Field Representatives to ensure they can perform their duties effectively.
Field Manager Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Field Manager job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Administration, or a related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration may be advantageous.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and independent thinking.
- Experience in the relevant industry.
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Field Manager starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Field Manager job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Field Manager may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Field Manager Job Description