Project Scheduler Job Description
Job Descriptions > Consulting and Strategy > Project Scheduler
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Project Scheduler? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Project Scheduler? What does a Project Scheduler do?
Job Description of a Project Scheduler
Project schedulers develop and manage schedules for projects, mainly in the fields of construction and engineering. They assist project managers with schedule planning, coordinate tasks, monitor the timelines of scheduled assignments, identify potential scheduling delays and facilitate remedial action.
Project Scheduler Duties and Responsibilities
Project Scheduler job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Consulting with project managers and technical experts to set up assignments, tasks, and subtasks.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective scheduling management system.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Accommodating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Recommending actions to keep projects within budget, and completed on time.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of project timelines and deadlines.
- Documenting project scheduling processes and maintaining records.
- Monitoring project timelines and deadlines.
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timeous manner.
- Evaluating performance and preparing project progress reports.
Project Scheduler Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Project Scheduler job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in project management, or in a related field.
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP) will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a project scheduler in a related industry.
- Advanced ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions.
- Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software, such as monday.com and MS Projects.
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the scope of projects within the industry.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Project Scheduler starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Project Scheduler job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Project Scheduler may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Project Scheduler Job Description