Operations Research Analyst Job Description
Job Descriptions > Consulting and Strategy > Operations Research Analyst
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Operations Research Analyst? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Operations Research Analyst? What does an Operations Research Analyst do?
Job Description of an Operations Research Analyst
An Operations Research Analyst works to identify and understand problems in business operations and how business processes can be improved.
Operations Research Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Operations Research Analyst job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Collecting and analyzing data from current operation systems to develop decision support software.
- Gathering input from workers or people with specialized knowledge who can assist in solving operational problems.
- Using statistical analysis or simulations to analyze the information to define operational problems, develop methods to analyze the problem, and develop practical solutions.
- Advising leadership teams on solutions and assisting with decision making.
- Writing reports on your findings and recommendations.
- Developing time and cost networks to plan, control, and review large projects.
- Developing business methods and procedures, such as accounting systems, logistics systems, and production schedules.
- Defining data requirements, gathering and validating information, and applying judgment and statistical tests to devise problem-solving actions.
- Developing mathematical models of potential and existing operational problems.
- Performing tests to ensure the accuracy of the models.
Operations Research Analyst Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Operations Research Analyst job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- A Master's degree would be advantageous.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with advanced statistical and database software.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Operations Research Analyst starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Operations Research Analyst job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Operations Research Analyst may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Operations Research Analyst Job Description