Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Hospitality / Travel / Tourism > Job Vacancy for a Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited, 19th September 2019
Job Vacancy for a Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited, 19th September 2019
Sep 19, 2019, 3:32 PM
Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited started with its first production of cookies 5 years ago, desiring to cater to its immediate community. This first batch of home-made Fastizers Cookies, produced with less than N1,000, got so much positive feedback it inspired the production of subsequent batches, however still on a small scale from a home-kitchen. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Procurement Officer Location: Agbara, Ogun Job Description
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy from analysis of purchase history.
- Producing reports on purchasing activities.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of the organization’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- A minimum of B.Sc Degree/HND in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms.
- Experience in collating and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts