Accounting and Administrative Coordinator at Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounting and Administrative Coordinator (Finance & Administrative Assistant)
Requisition Number: ACCOU001236
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Reports to: State Program Manager
Objectives of the Project
The objectives of TAConnect G-ANC project are to:
- Improve the uptake and quality of a range of RMNCH services using Group Antenatal Care (G-ANC) in settings where ANC primary care services are delivered (facility and community)
- Support Borno state to adapt, adopt, implement, and sustain a group ANC model as part of their primary health care delivery services and system.
- Support the Borno State Malaria Elimination Program (Borno SMEP) to revise its policies to include active case detection and treatment during pregnancy, improved distribution of IPTp with SP through the G-ANC platform
- Support the Borno SMEP in strengthening malaria surveillance and look at how data from MiP can be applied to understand epi patterns in the broader population
- Assist Borno state to adopt and implement this policy at scale, including using human-centered design.
Purpose of the Job
- The Job holder will be responsible for the accounting function and will ensure the integrated and efficient day-to-day administrative operations of the project office.
- S/he will ensure adherence to PI/Donor policies and procedures in all transactions and maintains proper books and records of accounting in the state.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares payment vouchers and cheques for project payments and other office expenditure
- Prepares payment to sub grantees, consultants, travel advances and supplies of materials and services
- Checks Travel Payment Vouchers (TPV) submitted by staff and prepares for State Manager’s and Finance Manager’s review and approval
- Keep and maintain a neat and tidy work area for the purpose of sorting mails
- Find sources of supplies and obtain quotes from suppliers/vendors
- Make travel reservations and hotel bookings for staff and program workshops
- Ensure that the Fleet management policy is adhered to at all time as regard use of office vehicles
- Maintains register of all assets (expendable & non-expendable) in the office and carries out regular assets verification.
- Handles documentations: Filling correspondences, Payment vouchers, Bank tellers, Receipts, TPVs in an orderly manner
- Ensure Payment vouchers have adequate support documents before filing
- Ensures prompt remittance of statutory deductions such as PFC, PAYE deductions
- First Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or related experience
- 2 - 3 years experience in a non- profit environment dealing with finances. Audit experience is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented and high degree of accuracy, strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Good computer skills including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written.
Competencies / Attributes:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply