Admin / Operations Officer at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Operations Officer
Ref No: req17559
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is currently recruiting an Admin/Operations Officer to work for the USAID-funded Data.FI project. This person will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with some travel outside Abuja expected.
- The Admin/Operations Officer will provide administrative support to project country program/technical and field staff. He/she will be tasked with maintaining open lines of communications with all HQ office and field staff, following established practices and policies in accordance with the organization’s regulations and procedures whilst coordinating with field office and HQ team to ensure compliance with local labour laws, company policies and donor requirements.
- The position will report to the Data.FI Nigeria Finance Manager and will have a 1-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and availability of donor funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all recruitment policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend improvements
- Support staff recruitment by coordinating and attending interviews, conduct reference checks and due diligence checks
- Plan and conduct/coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, job duties, working conditions, opportunities for employee benefits etc. Ensure mandatory compliance trainings are completed
- Organize and participate in social events for the project staff and management
- Support initiatives geared towards achieving compliance with Palladium code of conduct, ethics, and workplace safeguarding
- Develop the Data.FI Nigeria Equity Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy based on Palladium’s guiding principles and strengthen EDI in the recruitment process.
- Assist to oversee the administration of the employment benefits such as leave tracking, health insurance administration; liaise between staff and health insurance providers to ensure prompt service delivery.
- Manage staff exits, including conduct of exit interviews
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, conduct market analysis and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations; Identify vendors in new locations, conduct due diligence checks and coordinate the contracting process.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Manage the procurement, issuance, and replenishment of office items such as stationeries, computer consumables
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law
- A Degree in Business / Public Administration or Social Sciences-related field.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in the not-for- profit, international development sector, preferably on USAID-funded grants.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including good listening skills, influencing, and negotiation.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply