Administration Assistant (Facilities and Guest House Management) G5 at the United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant (Facilities and Guest House Management) G5
Requisition ID: 830200
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day inspection of WFP Guesthouses in Maiduguri and the accommodation space in terms of standards, cleanliness and that hygiene and sanitation standards are always met.
- Follow up on booking requests and check-in/out of guests and residents; ensuring rooms are in prime condition for habitation and Guest room items are not missing after guests check out.
- Take responsibility for verification of daily attendance records and physical presence of outsourced company staff.
- Take care of the recording of inventory, disposal, and transfer of Guesthouses assets.
- Actively participate in the Annual Physical Count and Asset Reconciliation exercise.
- Support the area office Admin unit related tasks.
- Supervise the Guesthouses and office staff including kitchen helpers and outsourced housekeepers, and technicians within the premises to ensure efficiency cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operation and services.
- Ensure regular supply of diesel for generators and restocking at agreed 50% reorder. Carry out the monthly fuel reconciliation and reporting.
- In close coordination with outsourced facilities management service provider, ensure, monitor, and report on daily maintenance of all generators, ACs, lights and related fixtures in the Guesthouses, office, and warehouse.
- Actively participate in the identification of facilities equipment need and maintenance of such equipment.
- Perform other related duties as designated by the Admin Officer/Head of administration.
Qualifications and Key Requirements
- Completion of Secondary School Education. A First University Degree in Facilities Management/ Business Administration/ Hospitality or any related functional areas is desirable.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Integrity, Dependability, Effective communication, teamwork, and willingness to learn.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
More About You:
You have broad knowledge in:
- Facility operations, maintenance, and safety protocols
- Knowledge of budgeting, personnel management, and regulatory compliance can be essential for effective facility management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st December, 2023 by 11:59 pm (GMT+1).