Administrative / Human Resources Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a concept, born out of passion for the well-being of the vulnerable women and children in the Nigerian society, especially in the NE Nigeria with special interest in reducing suffering in the society in times of crisis. This crisis may be as a result of conflict or natural disaster. The organization is currently focusing its attention on the NE Nigeria, with special emphasis on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe) State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative / Human Resources Assistant
- HR & Admin Assistant is responsible for collecting, processing and managing all employee data, updating organization’s policies and assisting in the recruiting and hiring process as well as training of new employees.
- To be successful in this role, candidate must have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
- Ultimately, you will make sure all HR operations run smoothly, support management-level staff and perform a variety of tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records and documentation.
- ]Update internal databases with new hire information
- ]Manage and update HR databases with different information such as terminations, sick and other forms of leave, warnings/queries, vacation and days off
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Answer telephone calls and provide needed information
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department etc.
- Develop training and onboarding materials
- Respond to employees’ questions and provide relevant requested information such as about benefits, number of vacation days they’re eligible for etc.
- Distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about COWACDI’s policies
- Coordinate with the finance department on payroll management in terms of bank accounts and timesheet preparation and payment.
- Prepare, manage and store paperwork for organization’s policies and procedures
- Publish and remove job ads, assist recruiting department in publishing job adverts, assist recruitment team to process received resumes.
- B.Sc in Human Resource Management or Business Administration and Management or any related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Proficient computer/ Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of labor legislation
Desired Personal Skills:
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team player and good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of creativity and innovation
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability, able to work over time when needed
- Ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 13th August, 2022.