Brewing Artisan, Mechanical at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc - Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brewing Artisan, Mechanical
Ref No: 30025668
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Maintenance Controller Mechanical
- The primary function of this position is to maintain equipment, assuring reliable performance to standard through inspections and providing corrective actions to restore equipment back to inherent condition.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Operating And Process Control:
- Comply with safe, health and environmental procedures and legislation.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Safe maintenance practices audited.
- Adherence to PPE policies.
- Maintenance tools are in good working order
- Identification of unsafe practices through SIO's.
- Safety inspections conducted.
Maintenance of Plant And Equipment:
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Machine Specialist or Maintenance Controller to assist with resolution.
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
Quality Control And Analysis:
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions.
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in team meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute to achieving it.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g., shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Trade test 2 & 3 is added advantage.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Manage Machines according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy.
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
- Key Function is to Carry out repairs / maintenance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th September, 2022.