Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Banker
Job ID: 45881
Job Sector: Banking
Job Details: Retail & Business Banking
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To manage and optimize value from a portfolio of SME customers
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Promote and sell a range of appropriate products and solutions that meet the financial needs of small and medium business customers:
- Identify sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Trade; Global Markets; etc.
- Mine existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to migrate top-end customers to Commercial Banking.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers and customers pro-actively approached in the local market area)
- Providing a central (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of SME customers. .
- Ensure KYC documentation, regulatory compliance and control is adhered to
- Min 2 years of Business Banking Sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Thorough knowledge of standardised business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small business enterprises.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of all SME product programs.
- Basic Financial Analysis - Ability to interpret income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and financial ratios.
- Business acumen - Ability to spot opportunities and optimize revenue generation for the business