Chef de Partie at Protea Hotels
Protea Hotels by Marriott is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Job Number: 21137571
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Prepare special meals or substitute items.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials.
- Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items.
- Ensure the quality of the food items.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- OND in Hotel & Catering Management or Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply