Chief Medical Director at Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH)
University of Jos, Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) was established in 1975 and has eight faculties with an average yearly student intake of 3,500. In 2001, the AIDS Prevention in Nigeria Project in JUTH was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to establish a service and research laboratory, carry out behavioral surveys in high risk groups and commence a PMTCT program. Through this project, JUTH has developed a close and long-standing collaborative relationship with both Northwestern University as well as the Harvard Chan School. An 1800 square foot laboratory and office was constructed for HIV/AIDS and STD work and was commissioned by the Federal Minister of Health in 2002. The JUTH PEPFAR program established in close partnership with Harvard and Northwestern comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care services in 14 secondary health facilities and 47 primary healthcare facilities across Plateau State. The JUTH HIV/AIDS Treatment Centre now manages over 10,000 HIV-infected clients on treatment and care.
The Management of Jos University Teaching Hospital hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director (CMD)
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years post-graduation
- Candidates must possess a current Practicing License from MDCN
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity
- Evidence of Medical Research is an added advantage
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage
- Attraction of funded grant(s) by individual candidate is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be Fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years,
- Candidates must be medically fit; (Attach Evidence)
Salary and Allowances
- Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration,
Jos University Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 2076, Jos,
Plateau State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental
- Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate's academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
- Candidates are to strictly abide by the contents of the advert
Application Deadline 18th October, 2021.