Compensation and Benefit Specialist at Development Alternatives Incorporated
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Compensation and Benefit Specialist
Reports To: Head Human Resources
- The Compensation and Benefits Specialist reports to the Head of Human Resources and work closely with the Manager Tax and Statutory payments.
- He/she is responsible for the processing, payments, reconciliation, and proper accounting of all Payroll-related transactions according to the company's policies, timelines, and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness in processing, payments, transaction postings & reporting of all such payroll-related transactions.
- Shall be responsible for the upload of the approved Payroll data into the payment portal, ensuring that each transaction is uploaded correctly
- Shall attend to and resolve payroll related issues arising from the staff at any point in time.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare timely reports
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee for salary processing
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses
- Keep track of hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Maintain effective relationship management with statutory regulators and insurance bodies for effective service delivery.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation to staff.
- Responsible for enrolling all staff under relevant insurance cover.
- Provide payroll budget when required
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory deductions accurately
- Design a compensation package based on programme / organisation goals and strategy
- Conduct periodic compensation and organisation survey on market rates for decision making
- Keep abreast with the new trends and best practices in the field
- Ensure that compensation practices comply with current laws and regulations
- Make monthly reconciliation reports on total compensations to clarify the difference.
- Complete the final compensation and severance allowance for leaving employees.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Minimum of a B.Sc Degree in Management, Accounting, Human Resources or related field.
- 4 - 6 years proven experience in payroll, compensation and benefits management or similar role
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organisational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Hands-on experience with HRIS, Accounting and Payment Software is compulsory
- Good knowledge of payroll cycle and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the Nigeria Labour Law and regulations of the field is required
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
- More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2021.