Corporate Affairs Manager at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Mid-Management
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Role Positioning and Objectives
- You will collaborate with the External Affairs Director to oversee the implementation of the External Affairs Strategy in West and Central Africa with a focus on Corporate Affairs.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Strategic communications – Develop a Communications Strategy and media planto communicate BAT Nigeria’s corporate positions and messages through effective use of media platforms and a campaign-oriented approach.
- People Leadership: Foster the growth of LEX personnel to ensure a sustainable talent pipeline, with the right individuals possessing the necessary capabilities, at the appropriate time.
- Environmental, Social & Governance Management System: Take charge of developing and implementing the company's ESG strategy.
- CSI Strategy: Align the company's CSI plans with the overall CSI strategy and implement them in a timely manner to enhance corporate reputation and support business sustainability.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience as a corporate affairs or corporate communications professional in a global FMCG or similar dynamic environment would be favourably considered
- Strong influencing, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity, pro-active and collaborative
- Experience in leading and driving Environmental, Social & Governance Management system is an added advantage
- Strong command of English. French would be an added advantage
- Good analytical, creative and narrative building skills with experience managing external stakeholders
- Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply