Corporate Finance Manager at Phase3 Telecom Limited
Phase3 Technologies is West Africa’s largest independent fibre optic infrastructure and telecommunications services provider. With coverage of 6000km and counting, the company is licensed to run its network on Nigeria’s power infrastructure with expansion into the ECOWAS region using its unique Right of Way (RoW). Phase3 is headquartered in Abuja and currently drives a fast growing efficient, affordable and reliable backbone that services many of the region's largest telecommunications operators, internet service providers (ISPs), government institutions, schools, universities, multinationals, corporate organizations, small businesses, hospitals and residences in Nigeria and West Africa sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working in concert with the Office of the Executive Chairman, design and formulate corporate finance strategies which ensure the availability of capital from outside sources of the most friendly form for prosecuting Phase3’s short, medium, and longer-term plans and projects, thereby sustaining all the time robust capital resilience for Phase3
- Manage the Company’s treasury function which particularly involves a strong interface with entities that provide capital, initiate, and drive end-to-end the negotiation process with commercial banks and/or such other entities which fulfill the role in the money or capital market space.
- Develop, propose, and prosecute a mix of viable funding strategies across the widest array of financing platforms and instruments from which creative choices would be made by the company’s board and management in the best interest of the company.
- Formulate strategies and advance propositions and advisory to the Chairman and Board of Directors on the best corporate finance approaches for Phase3, backed with strong proofs.
- Develop and establish a robust and vibrant network of local and international finance industry players who can be counted on as “friends” of Phase3 Telecom and who can be called upon to respond with commitment and agility to Phase3’s finance needs in a way that turns out to be in the best interest of the Company.
- Working in concert with the Corporate Planning & Strategy Directorate, take ownership of the process of developing feasibility studies and business plans on any project or plan or series of plans and initiatives (across different timelines) requiring funding towards achieving specific Phase3 business growth plans and strategies, ensuring success in the viability of such plans.
- Develop a strong street-savvy approach to financial relationship management which assure promptitude while demonstrating watertight prudence and rectitude in the financial solutions provided to Phase3, leading the process both in strategy and tactics in all aspects of capital raising.
- Leverage the finance function in such a way as to strengthen the company’s brand equity, corporate respectability, and overall shareholder value for the Company.
- Develop a sound annual dividend pay-out structure and plans which serve the best interests of shareholders.
- Work within the Business Operations Team, to optimize the business agility of Phase 3 Telecom and take up key elements of leadership under the Executive Chairman’s purview.
- Execute and terminate a rigorous process of ensuring that Phase3 achieves a compelling Rating level; this involves thorough ‘housekeeping and preparing the company adequately for such rating exercise and proceeding to secure the services of a recognized rating agency to carry out the exercise.
- Supported by strong research and analytics, formulate and drive viable investment strategies across an acceptable range of investment options and portfolios, such investments which are creatively designed to serve the best interests of the company in more ways than one.
- First Degree in Finance or Management related fields.
- Possessing a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline from a globally renowned university.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in related financial roles without a break.
- Experience based on a diversity of backgrounds covering banking and a multiplicity of other industries while being engaged in the finance function, carrying out differing roles thereby across the cognate areas of emphasis in the job description.
Key Skills And Attributes:
- Strategic thinking, Strong analytical skills, forecasting skills, and strong overall data analytics.
- Demonstrable capability for communicating high-level strategic objectives; great presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
- Highly adaptive, characterized by speed and agility, and fueled by extreme goal focus.
- Extremely innovative and clear capability to work under tight timeframes.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using "Application - Corporate Finance Manager" as the subject of the mail.