Cost & Planning Engineer at Workforce Group
Workforce Group - Our client is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost & Planning Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is seeking a highly skilled cost and planning engineer whose role would be primarily to develop and maintain a cost control reporting system to detail actual and forecast costs on the projects/improvement initiatives based on the inputs from team members.
- The duties of this role would include but not be limited to, maintaining cost control procedures, including change order/variation order registers, and coordinate project procedures, methods, and norms.
- Communicate cost progress, highlight concerns and issues to team members
- Review suppliers and construction contractor’s bids during tender assessment and provide relevant tender clarification information to enable commitments to be made for current and future projects.
- Integrate suppliers and construction contractor’s control system and cost schedule dependencies and feed into the overall budget and monitor their progress regularly.
- Prepare and maintain resource plans and budget, cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value for projects.
- Establish process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information.
- Establish process to store Cost, Estimate files accessible.
- Analyze progress and performance against budget Work Program, identify areas of cost overruns requiring corrective action, forecast completions and provide accurate and timely projects cost reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of the cost report as required.
- Establish Performance Measurement Baseline PMB cost, contract baseline and carry out contingency drawdown analysis of ongoing projects and provide management report analysis.
- Develop benchmarking packages at appropriate level to check estimate results from top down versus both internal and external comparable data.
- Provides input to Business Plan and annual budgets development
- Perform uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates.
- Manage reviews and audits of cost estimates.
- Assists in developing risk registers, stakeholder mapping.
- Drive Cost benchmarking against historical performance, industry
norms and established KPIs.
- Relevant Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator.
- 8 years experience in a lead cost estimating role both the front end and definition or execution phases of an opportunity or project.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating Tools.
- Must have been responsible for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of the cost estimating activity for a project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply