Credit Control Officer at Bemil Nigeria Limited
Bemil Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company which has been at the forefront of providing Security Management, Cash-In-Transit / Valuable Protection and Security Consultancy & Training since its inception in 1978. BNL has been servicing the critical service needs of sectors where security and safety concerns are paramount. We provide client-specific solutions and strive to grow our business with clients; creating value through long term partnerships, synergies and continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Control Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Evaluate the credit status of clients to identify debtors and credit level
- Assist customers in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic debt repayment
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix terms and conditions for payment of receivables
- Handle internal issues and ensure timely payment to creditors
- Ensure daily cash and debtor targets are met
- Proffer recommendations and advice on queries regarding accounts receivable
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback
- Commence legal action against debtors in event of halted payment
- Propose irrecoverable debts to be written off or they may employ strategies to recover receivables in cases of debtor bankruptcy
- Oversee the forwarding of monthly statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities
- Contact debtors through calls, emails or letters to notify them of outstanding invoice
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt
- Conduct business operations in compliance with standard policies and regulations
- Maintain proper records of client accounts and purchasing activities
- Monitor payment history to identify changes in reparation and take necessary actions
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of debtor ledger accounts
- Collaborate with legal attorneys to discuss appropriate terms and conditions for debt repayment.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with 4 - 7 years work experience.
- Ability to make accurate calculations.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to fast-changing situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors' accounts.
- Proficient in Accounting and Office software.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload.
- Previous work experience as a credit controller.
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates.
N150,000 - N170,000 Salary Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 11th December, 2022.