Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Current Job Vacancies at Netcom Africa Limited, 22nd April, 2019
Current Job Vacancies at Netcom Africa Limited, 22nd April, 2019
Apr 22, 2019, 10:11 AM
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System/Network Engineer Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Slot: 4 Openings Short summary of the job
- To support and maintain all IT architecture both internal and in client’s location. This position is also responsible for administering up to 100 desktops as well as all company servers, printers, phones, and other peripherals.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Provide network–related user issues as escalated
- Assist in network project design and implementations
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution
- Maintain necessary documentation on both network issues and projects assigned
- Maintain and troubleshoot Apple servers (Open Directory) for a middle-sized environment (less than 200 computers)
- Set-up of computers for staffs
- Troubleshoot application and hardware issues on both user and server levels
- Aid in maintaining that all servers/computers/peripherals are in good working condition
- Perform servers and other computer asset maintenance (regular and ad-hocs)
- Maintain hardware and software updated inventory
- Resolve all application (emails, applications, etc) related issues
- Participate in designing and implementation of various systems/application projects as requested by the client
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Advance knowledge in routing (EIGRP/OSPF) and switching (VLAN’s, STP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge in SNMP and other network management protocols/systems
- Advanced knowledge in QoS principles and use of different QoS appliances
- Able to identify network issues, propose and implement actions to resolve the problem
- Experienced and knowledgeable on different wireless technologies (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) design, implementation, optimization and troubleshooting
- Must be highly resourceful
- Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be a team-player
- Certifications (CCNP/CCDA/CCIP) is a plus
- Understanding of wires and wireless basic networking
- Ability to use an Apple Macintosh system
- Ability to manage and support 1st and 2nd level issues on an Apple Macintosh system
- Ability to manage and support 1st and 2nd level issues on a Microsoft Windows System
- Basic understanding of Directory Services on both Windows (Active Directory) and Macintosh (Open Directory)
- Understanding of hardware configuration of both Apple and Windows devices is highly desirable
- Intermediate understanding of DNS, DHCP, Filesharing (with or without SAMBA)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to document activities and issues
- Ability to support basic applications like MS Office and others
- Must be a team-player
- Certification on Apple environment is a plus.
Job Title: Account Manager Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Department: Business Development Reports to: Head Business Development Objective & Summary
- Reporting to the Head, Business Development this role is responsible for generating leads, initiating and developing client relationships.
- Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential clients.
- Manage relationship with all clients and maintain Zero churn at all time
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual set target
- Liaise with business analyst, management team and account executives to collaborate and win deals
- Periodically conduct the Know Your Customer exercise to keep up to date with changes and activities with your clients.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity results and reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual activity reports.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Internal Relationship Management – liaise & collaborate with:
- Finance - on the work flow of Service Activation Requests – new deals, upgrades, demos, downgrades, modifications, change management, etc.
- Billing -to negotiate pricing within approved margin
- Day to day operational business solutions interface between departments
- Legal - to ensure the aspects of contract, signing, service contracts, revisions are done.
- Ensure SLA’s are all adhered to and all documentations are up to date.
- Graduate degree qualification essential.
- Accreditation to professional bodies
- Experience with both Microsoft operating system and Apple operating system
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Good presentation skills for business reports
- Ability to organize and conduct purposeful Departmental/ Unit meetings
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- General knowledge of ICT solutions
- Knowledge of Nigerian Telecoms Market
- Strong administrative skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
- Able to use properly MS Word, Excel and Power-point
- The ideal candidate should have not less than 5 years’ experience preferably selling technology solutions
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts