Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Hospitality / Travel / Tourism > Current Vacancies In A Fast Growing Restaurant
Current Vacancies In A Fast Growing Restaurant
Jul 24, 2019, 8:07 PM
Talentpool - Our client, a startup Restaurant located in Surulere, Lagos State is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Waiter/Waitress Location: Lagos Job Description
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Receives, stores, and issues supplies and equipment and compiles records of supply transactions : Verifies that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices.
- Stores supplies and equipment in storerooms.
- Issues supplies.
- Inventories supplies and equipment at end of each voyage.
- Compiles report of expenditures.
- SSCE/OND qualification
- Applicants should reside around Surulere axies.
- Oversee and coordinate all the activities in the Kitchen area
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Minimum of an SSCE qualification or any vocational training as Chef.
- Ability to respond quickly to request at short notice.
- Candidates should reside around Surulere axis.
- Supervise all front and back of the house restaurant operations.
- Supervise food preparation and cooking process.
- Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders.
- Schedule kitchen staff shifts.
- Maintain quality control for all food served.
- Project future needs for goods, kitchen supplies, and cleaning products; order accordingly.
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen & dining area.
- Assist in training new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service; respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts