Database Administrator at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job ID: 62647
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Databases.
- The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some of the following technical areas: Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage, Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances, etc.
- Performing in conjunction with system administrators, the capacity planning required in creating and maintaining the various databases for the use of the Bank. Performs failover of databases as required for disaster recovery. Ensures space availability for database growth.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Improve Customer Experience:
- Achieve a minimum annual Business Survey (i.e ISS) rating of 8 out of 10
- Ensure not more than 5 significant incidents occur every week
Revenue Generation and Cost Reduction:
- New cost saving and revenue generating initiatives implemented by the Business as a result of insights from IT value driven metrics
Establish a control framework that guarantees visibility and reliability of our franchise:
- Resolve exceptions before due dates
- Ensure there is no vulnerability
- Responsible for administration of the firewall and monitoring of security tools
- Responds to Security incidents and coordinates with the Head IT Security to develop Security Strategies
- Stays current with technological changes that affect the security of the network, computers and other equipment.
- Emergency changes should not exceed 10% of total changes
- Successful DR exercises
- Configure Install and Support all Security Software
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply