Deputy Registrar at Nile University of Nigeria
Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University of Nigeria has approximately 12,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Registrar
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of university policies and procedures regarding students’ registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, residency requirements and graduation requirements.
- Assists in maintaining and upgrading the University's academic information infrastructures including Campus Master Plan, Academic Records archives, Student Database, and other Electronic Database Systems.
- Partake in overseeing the overall operations of units and departments under the registry.
- Collaborates with representatives of Honoris United Universities and its affiliate institutions on the development and implementation of new policies, requirements, and practices.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Records and Registration by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Collaborate with all Administrators, Deans, Department Heads and Counselors to facilitate and improve services to students.
- As aligned with the Executive Management, support the registry in establishing, and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Contributes to the development of effective policies and procedures related to student enrollment and enrollment-related functions.
- Collaborates with the appropriate teams to develop and publish major University information documents including, but not limited to, University Catalogs.
- Assist in the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include all elements of convocation ceremony to ensure positive student experiences.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in any field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant administrative experience working within a higher institution.
- Affiliation with a relevant Professional body.
- Knowledge of records retention and/or destruction policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively with University administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside the University.
- Possess 3 years’ experience as a Principal Assistant Registrar in a well-established public or private university OR a Deputy Registrar in a recognized university.
- Proven familiarity with Nigerian University procedures, regulations, and operating standards.
- Ability to develop initiatives and ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th November, 2023.