Director, Large Customer Sales, West Africa at Google
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Large Customer Sales, West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- This role offers the opportunity to lead Google’s business in West Africa and to help users make the most of the web. Reporting to the Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), you will be a member of the SSA Management Group and expected to contribute to the strategy and business development of the region. In this role, you will lead a commercial team.
- You will also be a leader across various functional teams and represent all aspects of Google in Nigeria and to other West African countries.
- You will anticipate how decisions are made, explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients, and understand how product offerings can grow business.
- You will set the roadmap and the strategy for how advertising can reach users.
- Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands.
- We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age.
- We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- You will drive how businesses, government, and consumers view Google.
- You will educate and persuade customers to embrace Google's advertising products and technologies. You share the opportunities and challenges of the market, and advocate for the priorities for products.
- You will set transparent objectives, collaborate with product/functional counterparts and deliver together.
- Lead business and commercial operations to deliver business growth, with a focus on large advertisers and agency partners. Build external relationships to open up key business opportunities.
- Represent Google in the market beyond business relationships (e.g., media, opinion formers, etc.), and represent Nigeria to Google (e.g., product and policy around business challenges and opportunities).
- Align teams around an integrated plan for Google’s success in the market.
- Experience in sales leadership driving business development in an organization.
- Experience as a Country Manager or within a Leadership role within a regional business.
- Experience working with CEOs of Nigerian and international organizations.
- Ability to take initiative and deliver goals across media, business, and government channels with relationships within the advertising, technology, and startup sectors.
- Ability to work with team to deliver growth.
- Experience working within cross-functional leadership and in a multinational environment.
- Ability to build and sustain a network among business, political decision-makers, leaders, and regulatory bodies on complex policy topics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes.
- Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location.
- Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes