Driver (Truck, Bus and Pool Cars) at The Bible Society of Nigeria
The Bible Society of Nigeria is a member of the United Bible Societies (UBS), a global fellowship of Non-Denominational Christian organization whose primary mission involves translating the Holy Scriptures into languages people can read and understand as well as production and distribution of the scriptures in various forms to meet the different needs of people. It also organizes life-transforming programmes to engage people with the scriptures and raising of funds for its activities.
To fulfil its mission and mandate, the Bible Society of Nigeria with the Bible Guest House, Research and Development Center is recruiting experienced and qualified Christian professionals from different work spheres to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver (Truck, Bus and Pool Cars)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure effective and efficient use as well as proper handling of any assigned vehicle for optimum function always.
- Ensure the correct and appropriate use of the vehicle for its intended purpose(s).
- Ensure car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and servicing of assigned vehicle(s).
- Ensures assigned vehicle documents are valid, complete, and up to date always.
- Report any noticed faults, breakdown, or part defect in the vehicle immediately and follow up until repair or replacement is perfectly done.
- Ensure prompt servicing of assigned vehicles, monitoring of same and report any issues for quality delivery.
- Interested candidates should possess an SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Must be able to lift heavy packages and luggage.
- Must be available to occasionally take weekend and night shifts.
- Should have a polite and professional disposition with a strong ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations.
- He must be a person of integrity, highly disciplined with good knowledge of traffic codes and signs.
- Must have a proven experience as a Truck or Bus Driver, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must have minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Must be familiar with GPS devices. Should have sound Knowledge of Lagos Road network and other states.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 4th October, 2021.