Employee Relations Officer at Lekki Freeport Terminal
Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria's only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Officer (Local - within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Department: Human Resources
Indirect reports to: Head of Human Resources
Reports To: Employee Relations / Performance Executive
- Employee Relations Officer supports to design, develop, implement, monitor, and measure performance and labour relations to obtain professional services.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Human Resources or related field required.
- 3 years of professional human resource administration, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, talent acquisition, and other experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and compensation administration.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Critical skill and success Factor:
- Attention to detail, systems oriented, organized, analytical
- Able to resolve conflicts and manage grievances.
- Good communication skills in English and sound ability to communicate effectively across all level.
- Self-motivated, honest, high integrity, courteous and helpful
- Manages time and resources well and demonstrates good organizational and leadership ability with strong negotiation, interpersonal and mediation skills with a positive attitude
- Needs to be culturally aware with good ethics, problem solving and strategic thinking competencies Continuously pursues to improve skills through on the job or external training.
- Understands the importance that parents play in our community, that education is the key proponent in the organization, and that we serve the students and parents.
- The ability to function well under pressure, prioritize matters and act on them accordingly
- The ability to function both independently and in a team, take initiative, shows commitment and is motivated to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Able to work overtimes as and when role and responsibilities require it
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply