Finance Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry Level
Direct Line Manager: Finance Officer
Proposed Start date: October 2021
We are seeking for a Finance Assistant who will be required to manage the cash book payment, posting and cash count, improve the quality of the finance documents and ensure effective finance service delivery for effective implementation of AAH programs.
- Ensure that all advances made within the month are justified before the final monthly cash count.
- Respect AAH purchasing procedures as per KLV3 when giving an advance and to report to Finance Officer and/or Finance Manager if these procedures are not respected.
- Ensure the physical cash box and the excel/Saga cash book corresponds with on a daily basis.
- Ensure all suppliers are paid according to terms designated in signed contracts.
- Check and ensure the quality of invoices, and report any missing invoices to the Finance Officer in his accountancy as well as the bases.
- Scan and upload all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in Saga.
- After the monthly accounting closure check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate.
- Classify and split the invoices according to their budget lines if necessary, particularly when they have been used in various operations. At the end of the monthly accountancy closure, prepare the files to be sent to capital.
- Finalize the dispatch of files by adding labels and adequate packaging for the originals to be sent to capital.
- File and archive the copies in the base.
- Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in finance and administration-related role;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills;
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player);
- Ability to work in a team and juggle competing priorities;
- Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context preferably;
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN183,056 per month.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 27th October, 2021.