Finance Assistant at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reference Number: N21 / NIG_ERF / RA1 / P / NGO / 18489
EmploymentType: Full Time
- The Finance Assistant Officer reports to the Finance officer.
- S/he handles all cash payments and collections outside the office and recording the cash account on a daily basis.
Cash and Bank payment processing:
- Maintain Naira cash book at the set limits; take responsibility for any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the GOALPrime delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Performing supervised cash counts every Friday.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and timely banked
- Maintain bank information file
- Collect bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Prepare the cash spreadsheets
- Ensure checks registration are recorded sequentially. Separate the Naira and USD checks to maintain sequence.
- Diligently follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting) and details indicated in the checks release register.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Archiving of prior years finance documents as instructed by the Finance Officer.
- Support Donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designed in circulars from the Chief of Programmes
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the Finance Officer.
Key Contacts / Working relationships:
- Reports to the Finance Officer
- Regular and open communication with GOALPrime staff from all departments and field offices.
- Support donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- B.Sc / Higher National Diploma with 1 - 2 years of working experience in Accounting or in any related field.
- Knowledge of Quickbook Enterprise Accounting software is highly desired
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applicants must upload a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- GOALPrime and GOALPrime workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GOALPrime organization procedural manual. GOALPrime operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Anti-Fraud Policy, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Gender Equality: GOALPrime is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- GOALPrime is an Equal Opportunity Employer: GOALPrime considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2021.