Finance Associate at Jiji Cars45 Limited
Jiji Cars45 is a part of Jiji, the leading online marketplace in Pan-African countries, with over 200 million users from offices in 10 countries. We work every day to make sure that people have a place for safe buying and selling cars. We constantly improve the quality of service, and we always help our customers to seal deals. That's why now, to be of even more use, the company needs talented and motivated people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
- We are looking to hire a Finance Associate. Qualified candidates will have an interesting role where you are able to work end to end on all Accounting related responsibilities.
- The Finance Specialist will be responsible for the processing of all payments to Vendors, managing account payables on an ongoing basis, Maintaining Prepayment Schedule and PPE Register, posting to the Enterprise Accounting System (QBO), payment and filing all appropriate taxes on or before due date and maintaining relevant documentation (on Titan and Pipefy).
- The role will also include carrying out reporting tasks and projects as duly assigned.
The following are some of the exciting projects you will be working on and responsible for:
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Deduct applicable WHT from Invoices before payment.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports, Monthly payment and filing of Taxes
- Maintain PPE (Fixed Asset Register), Maintain Prepayment Schedule, Maintain Payable Schedule
- Ensure smooth, accurate and timely month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of relevant GL accounts
- Set invoices up for payment, Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports, Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date, Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Business partners with other departments
We believe that you will succeed better if you possess the following:
- First Degree (2.1) in Accounting and must be ICAN qualified.
- At least 3 Years work experience in a standard Audit Firm;
- Proficient in data analysis and management
- Strong application of the Double entry principle in complex transactions.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel (Mapping, Pivot, Vlook etc.) and Reporting layout
- Proficient in the use of SAP and QuickBook (QBO)
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code in order to harness the power of innovation. We care a lot about our employees. It’s obvious that for efficient work you need to stay in favorable working conditions. That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary and one of the best in the industry
- Pension contributions, Healthcare insurance and employee Loans;
- TGIF every last Friday of the month and regular Team Building events;
- Leadership development and new opportunities to grow as we are constantly expanding;
- An opportunity to work with a dynamic and international team all across the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2021.