Finance Manager at Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI)
Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non–profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI is currently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers(FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support POWEI’s projects by ensuring she maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control and ensures that financial procedures are adhered to and that non-compliance is challenged and corrected
- To process the daily, monthly financial information for the organization and to assist with the management and administration of finance / administration duties within all programs.
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct in accordance with Organization’s and Donor’s financial procedures.
- Solely responsible for the custody and preparation of checks for payments after due approval has been obtained from the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reliable and effective finance record-filing system.
- Proactively monitor the balance on the bank account
- Manage POWEI’s Field Office bank and cash accounts:
- Act as point of contact for day-to-day matters with financial service providers.
- Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner
- Act as the Human Resource Officer of the organization.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts and follow-up with any discrepancies.
- Support the team by ensuring payments in the field are anticipated, made in a timely manner, and with safety in mind.
- Ensure all compliance checklists regarding all transactions.
- Ensure that all incomes and receipts are properly documented, e.g. by an invoice or receipt.
- Follow up to ensure that income projections agreed by donors are properly followed through.
- Ensure that advances to Field Officers are duly retired with proper documentation on a monthly basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments, seeking approval as appropriate.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cultural Sensitivity - Respects the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, PowerPoint.
- Other software routinely used by POWEI.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a One-page Cover Letter with 3 professional references (name, company, email, and phone number) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and their Full Name as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Friday, 8th April, 2022.