Finance Officer at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reference ID: 210008KK
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Finance unit, Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
Reports to: State Team Lead
Staff Directly Reporting to this post: Finance Assistant / Cashier
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating all financial and administrative support functions for the state office.
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Assist in ensuring that direct reports have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud -& dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Supervise the work of the assistance Finance Assistant/Cashier and in the situation of limited resources perform this role.
- Time to time perform the interim role of Finance coordinator.
- Reconciliation of advance to staff, salary advance and partners.
- Write check to staff member and Suppliers and seek necessary signatures.
- Make the payment of taxes and collect bank statements for reconciliation.
- Make banks deposit and ensure banks files are updated.
- Reconcile the transaction listing from the general ledger with the vouchers.
- Ensure all vouchers are properly referenced and stamp before filing.
- Verify registered transaction and approve posting on Agresso.
- Verification of all payment vouchers
- Coordinate the transaction documentation process.
- Perform bank reconciliation and single account matching.
- Ensure the field office has in place a voucher approval process and all staff adheres to this working hour.
- Others - as assigned by your supervisor or line manager.
- Work with the state team to establish basic systems/procedures for state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records and file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support the office with basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SC policies. Help to liaise with other external officials as needed.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education: B.Sc /HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area: Finance / Accounts
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- 2 years working experience in a NGO
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactivehealth service improvement is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th December, 2021.