Geologist (Field Work) at Global Africa Mines and Quarry Limited
Global Africa Mines and Quarry Limited is one of Africa’s most indigenous and profitable industry with a notable business ideas, product andservices with its operational headquarters in Niger State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geologist (Field Work)
Location: Shiroro, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for coordinating the activity of the site, preparation of daily reports on the site, supervision of the production of the mineral resources.
- Prepare and deliver accurate report on daily production activities routinely and timely.
- Identify and address all miners’ welfare issues timely.
- Ensure the miners are always with their identification cards.
- Ensure uninterrupted workshop supplies and consumables.
- Develop and implement the curriculum in the production site
- Develop, lead and conduct practical workshop rules to be strictly adhered to in the project site.
- Supervise miners throughout the production time.
- Coach miners on how to do their job effectively and efficiently.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree / HND in Geology from reputable institution.
- Minimum of 2 years cognitive experience in fieldwork of mining and management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good Knowledge of Geology.
- Good Knowledge of identification, composition, characteristics and mineral resources.
- An analytical mind.
- Organizational and team workability.
- Good Knowledge of the attributes of ores, soils, mineral and other materials.
- Experience using geology software and other data and modelling tools(e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Go CAD)
- Experience with various geological techniques like mining, boring and numerical modelling.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 17th December, 2020.