Head, Tax Investigation at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the Job Description attached to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Tax Investigation
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive briefs from the tax audit unit and design processes and procedures to be followed to investigate the activities, records, and assets of any taxpayer suspected of evading taxes.
- To establish a scientific and systematic approach to determine if a taxpayer is evading tax or involved in other fraudulent activities.
- Interface with the tax audit, Head of Legal and Enforcement units to ensure the best results
- At every opportunity, leverage technology and the Revenue’s database in performing tasks
- For the team; Communicate job expectations and monitor performance in line with HR policies.
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified, and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored.
- Gather sufficient evidence in the course of investigations to support the prosecution of an erring taxpayer
- To manage team members, and with the support of the HR unit ensure they are adequately equipped to deliver on their tasks
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director, Tax & Compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
- ICAN ACCA or its equivalent.
- CITN would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in audit practice (at least two of which have been in a lead role).
- At least two years in tax practice with working experience in PIT administration.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the Documents below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- An application letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for and
- An updated CV.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection.
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.