HR Administrator at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Department: HR Department
Level: Mid Level
Reporting to: Head of Department, Human Resource
Proposed Start Date: October 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Human Resources Administrator who will be responsible for management of Third Country National administrative procedures and represent the organization when liaising with the local administrations including guesthouse, Abuja office and administration management.
- Act as the focal point for HQ concerning immigration needs;
- Maintain staff files for all the Third Country Nationals, to include contracts and extensions, leave forms, passport copies, appraisals, CVs, return forms and any other relevant documents;
- Represent Action Against Hunger to national, state, and local government authorities including but not limited to the Ministry Of Finance Budget And National Planning and the Nigeria Immigration Service;
- Ensure proper documentation of all international staff in the mission i.e. contracts, timesheets, visa documents;
- Follow up on contract expiry for all Third Country Nationals in the mission and update accordingly on the HR Follow up report sheet;
- Liaise with HQ for end of mission tickets for all international staff;
- Liaise with Finance department to share the monthly expat costing;
- Support with leave management for Third Country Nationals;
- Facilitate the collection of child allowance forms for all Third Country Nationals in the mission.
- Brief new international staff on the administrative processes, rules and requirements;
- Supervise the cleanliness of the guesthouse and head office to ensure they are functional, clean and habitable attending and resolving any issues raised by staff;
- Manage the allocation of rooms at the guesthouse in Abuja;
- Supervise the monthly purchase of guesthouse and office cleaning items for the mission;
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, HR, Business Administration or related field of study from a recognized institution;
- 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role;
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information;
- Commitment to ACF charter and values;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- An understanding of the relevant ministries and local authorities, and their procedures;
- Commitment to humanitarian work.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- N421,594 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th September, 2022.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply