HR Generalist at Tincan Island Container Terminal
Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture, and innovative environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Generalist
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- TICT is hiring a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs.
What is an HR Generalist?:
- HR Generalists have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation
- If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law, and look to advanceyour career in the field, this is the place to be.
What Does an HR Generalist Do?:
- Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing training, administering employee benefits and leaves, and crafting HR policies.
- You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
- The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programsincluding but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits, and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies
- Performs other HR related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HND or First Degree in Human Resources or a related Social Science discipline.
- At least 7 years post-qualification experience.
- Intelligent, self-driven and creative problem solver.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office (Strong analysis with excel is required)
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Relevant certification from a reputable professional institution e.g., CIPM, CIPD, SHRM.
- An MBA or master’s degree in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage.
- Strong track record in HR generalist and change management roles.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Nigeria Labour Laws.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 28th September, 2022.
- Only qualified candidates need to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in Lagos