HSE Advisor / Coordinator at Africa Diving Services Limited (ADS)
Africa Diving Services Limited (ADS) formed in 2010 became fully operational in January 2012. The Company was conceived and equity financed by Nigerian Investors to offer to clients a fully compliant company satisfying all Nigerian Content Legislation including cooperation agreements for operations with other fully Nigerian Compliant companies as recommended by the NCDMB. ADS also utilises Nigerian companies administratively also, including but not limited to, Banking / Medical / Insurance, etc
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Advisor / Coordinator
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provides field HSE support and guidance throughout all activities.
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory HSE requirements.
- Ensure compliance with contract HSE requirements.
- Assists in the development and delivery of Operational Processes safely.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Assists teams to deliver an exemplary HSE performance.
- Performance Measurement:
- Identifies potential and actual areas of improvement and assists in setting and formulating goals and tools for their achievement;
- Provides input to leading and lagging HSE performance measures;
- Liaises with all stakeholders in order to be aware and educate the workforce on HSE news & updates.
- Lessons Learnt:
- Provides input to the collection of Lessons Learnt for all activities;
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment:
- Assists teams in identifying hazards, assessing risks, and identifying relevant controls to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP;
- Fosters a safe culture by being informed, mindful, learning, fair and respectful.
- Behaviour Based Safety (BBS)
- Owns BBS tools and processes;
- Promotes and coaches the workforce in Behavioral Based Safety;
- Perform audits to measure the level of safety culture;
- Carries out or facilitates safety audits and inspections as per audit plan;
- Provides HSE input to HSE Management System Reviews;
- Incident Management
- Ensures Incidents are recorded & reported;
- Prepares initial incident reports;
- Carries out immediate Incident & Near Miss investigation;
- Facilitates & participates in High-Level Incident investigations;
- Training & Coaching:
- Ensures that the company safety expectations are communicated to the workforce;
- Provides training sessions as per Training Plan & Competency development requirements;
- Educates workforce on Lessons Learnt from previous & industry incidents;
- Contingency Management:
- Provide immediate response in emergency situations;
- Reviews contingency drills to maintain and increase staff competency;
- To assist in setting up an effective emergency response organization on site;
- Training & Coaching:
- Coaches teams on HSE and conducts HSE engagement sessions with them;
- Measures required environmental parameters;
- Ensures Waste Segregation is observed;
- Working Environment:
- Carry out and follow up on workplace assessments;
- Quality Control:
- Monitor the quality of data entered in the reporting & action tracking tools;
- Contractor Management:
- Manages contractor and consultants in all aspects of health and safety;
- Document control.
- B.Sc in any field.
- 10 years working experience in the oil and gas industry (health and safety wise)
- Must have NEBOSH
- ISO 45001 lead certification Auditor/Internal Auditor
- Computer Literacy.
- Microsoft Office
- must be health and safety professional
- Maximum age of 45 years
- Demonstrates Safety leadership.
- Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Certificates to: [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 5th August, 2022.